Friday 19 February 2016

Tuesday night at Vault 14, Doncaster

So, after some discussion with my buddy, Scott, we decided to check out Vault 14's Tuesday Night X Wing in Doncaster.
It's been running for 5/6 weeks but due to other commitments, neither of us had made it out on a Tuesday night. 
First impressions of Vault 14 were pretty good. From their inception as another FLGS in Doncaster, they've been my first stop for all things X-Wing. The shop itself is, firstly, warm and friendly. Well stocked, too. I've never seen so many boxed sets crammed into two cabinets. The only thing missing was Y Wings and Kihraxz fighters (Which after Worlds 2015 is hardly surprising!)

I also realised that I hate Phantoms. Not the little shuttle from Star Wars: Rebels that flies with the Ghost, the Imperial star fighter. 
I just can't get to grips with them. They're good, with 4 red dice, 4 green when cloaked, and the system/crew slots are unseen on ships of their size for Imperials.
I can't fly them though. I always end up parking them on asteroids or smacking into ships, not being able to cloak then being pounded like the surface of Callos. 
I do, however, love to face them. My first opponent was flying 2 with Dark Curse as backup.

I didn't expect a list with Vader, Backstabber, Mauler and Fel to work but fuck, did it ever!

My list was:

Black Squadron and The Baron

Darth Vader (29) with TIE/x1 (0) and Advanced Targeting Computer (1)

Mauler Mithel (17) with Swarm Tactics (2)

Backstabber (16)

Soontir Fel (27) with Push the Limit (3) Royal Guard TIE (0) Autothrusters (2) and Stealth Device (3)

100 points

No comments:

Post a Comment